Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moondance part II



The gal that commissioned Moondance liked it so well she had me design a quilt for her neice. Very simple design incorporating the flag t-shirt that she wore to all this neice's softball games.



The quilt measures 4'H x 43"W. The quilt back was made entirely from a fleece jacket the woman wore on camping trips. It had special sigificance for this family member so I wanted to keep it tact as much as possible. I had to use fusible interfacing on each peice and resew it back together leaving the buttoned up sections joined.



She also requested 4 separate pillows 20" each. for additional family members. The Scooby fabric was required so for each pillow I tried to make them somewhat color coordiated. On the back she requested I write a saying for each person & include their name and use the 'tye dye' flag material we had left over from the back of her quilt.









1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful work! I so admire quilters. My grandmother made beautiful ones and I wish I'd taken the time to learn how she did it. I remember being with her at a couple of quilting circles with her friends.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you xoxo!